Saturday, May 31, 2014

Not Your Grandma's Couch


Florals: a huge trend again this spring & summer. Many men, my husband included, are not the biggest fan of these prints...as they remind them of.."my grandma's couch." I can assure you however, these prints are NOT their grandma's couch :) With any print, florals are worn best when styled correctly, or in a more trendy way. Anything can really look outdated if not accessorized or put together nicely.



I was very fortunate to have this entire weekend off..Friday included :D One of my best friends, Johnathan Bernhardt, an EXTREMELY talented flutist, happens to be in town for the week from Philly. I was fortunate enough to catch up with him over lunch (Steak Sandwiches--yumm) at Randal's Frozen Custard. Growing up my grandparents would take me every Saturday for lunch, and it has always been one of my favorite places!



Later in the day, an amazing woman who is like a third grandmother to me, Grandma Judy, was fortunate enough to celebrate her retirement! Shayne & I stopped by to have a drink at Antionio's with her before dinner. I am soooo happy for her, because she truly deserves her retirement!


This floral blazer from Kohls lasted me throughout the day of lunch, errands, drinks, dinner, and gardening. I love the feminine colors that are in the flowers. The cream blouse I paired with it is also from Kohls. While shopping last summer I happened to find these colored skinny jeans at Dressbarn, and they happened to be a perfect match. Also, my Kate Spade Wellesley Martine plays in perfect harmony with some of the purple flowers in the jacket. There are soo many tones of the same color, so I happened to be very lucky that these all played together so nicely! When looking to match colors up, make sure to bring the item you are trying to match along so you can make sure to find the perfect color match. It is quite amazing how different colors look with different lighting. Home Depot even has a light that simulates different types of outdoor light to show you how paint colors will look at different times during the day.


I accessorized with my thrifted nude wedges (originally from Target, $5 at Goodwill), Forever 21 enamel cream bow ring, thrifted stretch chain bracelet, coral tassel bracelet, and new gold arrow bracelet from Groopdealz. Groopdealz is also a company that sends me daily deals updates with jewelry, clothing, accessories, home goods, etc. This gorgeous bracelet I purchased for $6. Shipping is generally about $2 or $3, but I love some of the jewelry items I have found on websites like Groopdealz, Jane.com, and Simple Addiction.

Remember-when color matching make sure to bring the item you are trying to match along shopping with you. Also, anyone can wear florals, as long as they are worn with confidence :)

<3 CMM


No comments:

Post a Comment