Sunday, May 18, 2014

s T R I P E s

For the past few years the trend of {Stripes} has been all over the fashion and home design world. The previous rule:  wear only vertical stripes to make yourself appear more slender, because horizontal stripes make you look larger is not always true. Stripes are especially popular in dresses and blouses during the spring and summer season, tying in nicely with a recurring nautical theme. 


If you are into pattern mixing stripes can work well with florals, polka dots (small ones work best), or animal prints such as leopard. If you are not ready to mix patterns together pair stripes with a neutral such as denim. 
This great dress I purchased from Old Navy at the Pleasant Prairie outlet. Since it was such a great deal, $12, I also purchased the tan and coral one as well :) (Currently it is about $25 online. Old Navy is one of those stores that does a lot of promotional pricing in which product prices fluctuate. {I personally do not like that!}) One of my favorite things about the dress is the pop of color blocking at the bottom!

 
I chose to pair my dress with my Gap jean jacket, which I picked up from Nikki's Nex 2 New ($12) in Sheboygan. If I had chosen to be more adventurous I could have paired it with my polka dot blazer.


{Erica Lyons necklace $10, Target Glitter Skinny Belt $15}



{Dressbarn hinged turquoise & gold bangles, $15 each}



Since I chose turquoise accessories to finish my outfit I also chose turquoise nails to complement. Naughty Nautical by Essie (about $8) is one of my favorite summer colors. For my accent I once again chose Ride 'em Cowgirl by Ruby Wing ($10). 




These wonderful sandals are from this years Target line. At only $16 they come in black, bone, navy (pictured), cognac, mint, and peach. You can purchase them here

Thanks for stopping by!

<3 CMM


 

No comments:

Post a Comment