Friday, May 2, 2014

E.M.E.R.A.L.D.



An emerald may be a gemstone, but it is also a color. This color also happened to be the Pantone color of the year in 2013. Each year Pantone chooses a color that will be the "color of the year." You will see this color in fashion, home decor, etc. This year the Pantone color of the year is "Radiant Orchid." Check some more Pantone
colors out!

 Believe it or not, none of these jewelry items were purchased together! I found them all from different places throughout the past year. It always makes me happy when things match so perfectly :) 
The octagon emerald bracelet I purchased from Jane
through the vendor, Bijoux (about $10). The rectangular post earrings with crystal leaflets were purchased from Pear & Simple in Port Washington, WI last summer (about $8). The latest edition to my collection is this emerald tassel necklace that I purchased from Dressbarn on Wednesday (originally $20 on sale for 40% off).


Another trend that has been quite popular recently is snakeskin (or print for that matter). This emerald and black printed snakeskin sweater was also one of my recent finds at Dressbarn in Green Bay, WI. An all over print, as this sweater has, is very flattering because it keeps the eye moving. When the eye is moving it does not focus on any one part of the body. This is often why dresses contain all over patterns, because they can help to conceal our "problem areas." The color that I have chosen today, emerald, also does wonders for those redheaded ladies out there! The color complements the hair and skin very nicely.


If I were wearing this outfit out for drinks with my friends I would pair it with this faux snakeskin envelope clutch (purchased from Forever 21 several years ago). It always does the trick when I just need to hold my keys, I.D., "lips" (lipstick), and monies :) My pants are one of my new buys (at 70% off!) from Dressbarn. The ponte material is EXTREMELY comfortable. They are perfect with boots (as I am wearing here), flats, sandals, or wedges. Ladies, it is okay to wear leggings as pants.. as long as they actually are pants! (Revelation!) It is still not okay to wear thin leggings from Forever 21 that I can see your neon undies through (No thank you..). I am glad we have determined the difference between leggings and ponte legging pants :)
.
I was sooo blessed to find these COACH leather boots on sale this winter...Back in the fall I was shopping with my mom looking for a pair and they were nearly $400.. I absolutely loved them, but could not justify spending that at the time.  (I didn't really need them THAT badly..). Lo and behold I was shopping with my mom in March and they were on yellow dot at Boston Store (gotta love those yellow and black dot deals at the BonTon Stores!). The purchase price ended up being only $135. I was so happy and glad that I had waited it out :)






Thanks for stopping by, and remember you can always be Green & Gorgeous!

<3 CMM




















No comments:

Post a Comment