Monday, May 5, 2014

S P R I N G has Sprung!

WOW! What a difference a week has made here in Sheboygan..last Sunday I was in a sweater and boots for "Cool in Cognac" and this Sunday I whipped out my coral pants for church and lunch with my family.

When those warmer temps first hit for the spring and you are taken out of the polar vortex you immediately want to pull out those bright spring colors, because you feel so alive and wonderful :)


I have received so many compliments on my necklace this past weekend..little did everyone know that it was actually two necklaces! It was all thanks to the lovely jscott24 (Jade Scott) who I follow on Instagram. She has such a wonderful sense of style and has a wonderful blog called A Spoonful of Style.

Often she wears this crystal necklace with pearls underneath, which I decided to attempt. It has become one of my absolute favorite combinations! So thank you so much for the inspiration Jade :)

My crystal necklace I purchased from a vender on Jane
(about $15) and the pearls were from Charming Charlie ($20). Try layering some necklaces that would look cute together to make more of a statement! 

For some arm candy I mixed a cream faceted stretch bracelet, simple chain bracelet, and my chain coral tassel bracelet (to match my pants). 

My handbag is a Michael Kors Hamilton Jelly Tote. The Hamilton, which retails for $200-$500 has been an extremely popular style of the Michael Kors handbag. Check out more styles of these  Michael Kors bags :) My particular bag I found on  Vinted which is both a website and smart phone app. Sellers post clothing and accessories that they would like to get rid of. They get to keep 80% of the price that they sell the item for. This beauty I got used at a steal... $70 after shipping :)
The pop of color for this outfit comes from these coral skinnies that I purchased from Target last year (about $20). I paired my Michael Kors cheetah pointy toed flats to add extra interest as there is no other pattern in the ensemble.

A jean jacket is an essential item in every woman's wardrobe. I always admired Ashley's jean jackets at work, but I never could quite find the right one that I liked. I happened to be looking at a local consignment shop, Nikki's Nex 2 New,where I take many of my things to be sold, and found this gem! It was originally from GAP, and was mine for only $12. Underneath I am wearing my new cream sequin T from Old Navy (only $7 on clearance last week!). 

Try wearing a colored pant this spring or summer! Also, if wearing a mainly solid colored outfit opt for a pop of print somewhere, such as a great shoe or hand bag :)


No comments:

Post a Comment