Saturday, May 31, 2014

Leopard..S T R I P E S & Everything Nice


It has been simply beautiful in Sheboygan lately! I love driving down our street and looking at the way the sun peaks through the trees. There is something so peaceful about it all. I love our neighborhood!

Pattern on Pattern isn't exactly my thing, so Wednesday I chose a semi-safe pairing of Leopard (my favorite) and Stripes! The striped cascading front jacket I am wearing is one of our new arrivals at Dressbarn. I have been searching for a striped blazer, but the cascading front was a bit out of my norm (Around $40). I originally was going to pair it with a black shell and white/cream pants, but unfortunately none of them in my closet quite matched, so I went with black pants. 

These black pants are my absolute favorite dress pants of all time!! They are a pull-up slim leg style from Dressbarn. In fact, I love them so much I purchased more than one pair..Many customers come in and say, "Pull up pants? I don't want grandma pants." These pants though are nothing of the sort. They help to create less bulge in the front than a pant with a button and zipper do. I carry some of my extra weight in my stomach, and often have trouble finding pants that both fit nicely in the legs & rear end region, and that I can zip and button at the waist. These offer the perfect alternative. I have found somewhat similar style pants in a ponte knit (great with boots) at Boston Store, Target, and Kohls. What woman wouldn't want less bulge at the waistline? :)


After choosing to cordinate the jacket with black pants, I was suddenly in a dilemna. Putting a black shell with the black pants felt like it was a bit too much black..afterall it is no longer winter. The first time I had worn the jacket I had been "thrifting" the day before at Salvation Army. I found this perfect neon shell from Chico's. They happened to be running a promotion in which all tops were 99 cents! I really scored on that one!


For a subtle, yet punch of extra pattern, I added my leopard skinny belt (JC Penny) and gold tipped leopard Michael Kors flats. Pattern mixing does not always need to be bold. Add a patterned belt or a great shoe for a subtle look.

Thanks for stopping by!

<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment