Monday, May 26, 2014

The Baymont Beauty i s BACK!

Memorial Day.. a time to remember.. a time to reflect..and a time to be thankful for all those who have served for our freedom and all those who are currently serving to protect our country. Thank you!

Today I was very fortunate to have the day off from Dressbarn and chose to work at the Baymont Inn & Suites. (I have worked there for 5 years, but since working at Dressbarn I have only worked several times per year.) I used to blog about my hotel happenings at the Baymont under the name Baymont Beauty <3. It has been nice to be back this evening, as I love the people I get to have conversation with.

Before I worked however, I was blessed to spend the morning and early afternoon with my family. It reached about 80 degrees at my parents' house today! It was like a summer day in Sheboygan! Shayne grilled out and we had great conversation and company with Shayne, my parents, both sets of grandparents, brother, and his roommate. 






 A blazer and some sparkle always work for an outfit, right? I chose this blush blazer from Forever 21 to pair with my cream sequin tunic from H & M. Wearing the blush color along with pearls and classy sparkle make me feel like a lady. There is something so feminine about the pairing.

Necklace layering has been something that I have been into lately. I seem to need to always wear a statement, because without it my neck feels rather naked. If you are not ready to mix two large pieces, start with something smaller. Wear two long chain or initial necklaces to start out.  My J. Crew doppelganger was purchased from Jane.com and triple pearl strand necklace from Charming Charlie ($20).


One of my favorite pairs of black skinnies from Dressbarn were worn today. Not only do black skinny pants work great with boots during the fall & winter, but they also work great with flats, heels, wedges, and sandals for the spring & summer season.  


More feminine accessories served as the finishing touches for today's ensemble: gold chain bracelet ($1, Thrifted), J. Crew inspired pave link bracelet ($15, Jane.com), and cream floral ring from Forever 21. Moccasins have been all the rage in footwear recently. Although the average slipper moccasin is much too casual for the office, many designers and brands such as Michael Kors & Coach have created a more career friendly version. These blush colored ones by Coach are one of the most comfortable shoes I own. The soft rubber bottom makes them very flexible and easy to wear. I have seen them recently in a variety of colors and styles! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day!

Thanks for stopping by,

<3 CMM  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment