Friday, May 16, 2014

N E U T R A L I Z E D

Hello All! In Sheboygan we have gone through a bit of a cold snap again this week. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to spend the day with my fellow Dressbarn Store Leaders at a meeting in Madison. I am always so refreshed and inspired after I leave a meeting! As I was driving through Fond Du Lac on my way home I decided to stop at Goodwill, and found these awesome tuxedo pants (found many other things, see below). They are white skinny jeans with black pleather piping down the sides, and still had the tags from Target attached ($3.60!). Since I had my nails painted black and silver from yesterday's meeting I thought I might as well style them right away for today's outfit :)
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines d'orsay as being, "a pump-type shoe or slipper made with a circular vamp and quarter that curves to meet the vamp at the shank line." In simple terms, there is usually a piece covering the toes, nothing in the middle, and then a heel piece. These d'orsay flats are my first pair and I love that they have the neutral toe and black/gold backing. A neutral flat or heel works great to help elongate the leg for those more petite ladies out there. The nude color acts as an extension of the leg, as well as the pointed toe. Ladies, give them a try! I recommend doing some extra walking around in them at the store before you purchase, because like many shoes, the d'orsay are not all very comfortable. These beauties are from the Sam & Libby line at Target ($13 on clearance).

 A black blazer is an essential in every closet! This blazer is from the DIVIDED line at H&M. I have found other great (reasonably priced) blazers at Dressbarn, Kohls, Forever 21, and Target as well. The black and white striped blouse is from Dressbarn. The multi-striped tiered tank is extremely flattering because the layers criss-cross (creating a narrower waist) and conceal (those tummy bulges). Over my two years of working at the store we have had many variations of blouses and dresses using this flattering technique. The large pearl beaded necklace is bound to make a statement with any outfit. It was also purchased from Dressbarn ($24).
The thick bracelet (Goodwill, several years ago, $2), thin bracelet (part of a set from my mom <3 ), and black, silver, and clear ring (Forever 21, several years ago), served as the arm candy for the day. Today was all about the neutrals!

As I stated earlier, I found quite a few other things at Goodwill last night. Searching for these amazing deals has become an obsession of mine to some degree. Almost every day I have off (usually once or twice per week) I go to a thrift or resale store. There is something so rewarding about paying so little for an item that is in near perfect condition or never been worn. I encourage you to give it a try some time!

 {Craft Supplies-Originally from Target-$1.30 for all}

{Silver & Grey Studded Enamel Bracelet-$2.70 & Gold & Cream Studded Stretch Bracelet (I had blogged about this several posts ago.. I had seen it at Target but resisted the temptation to buy.. well then I saw it at Goodwill.. could NOT resist haha)-$3.60-Originally from Target}

{Inspired Dooney & Bourke cross-body bag-$4.50}


{Nude Wedges-Originally from Target-$4.50}

Thank you for stopping by and seeing how I 
N E U T R A L I Z E D

<3 CMM
 

No comments:

Post a Comment