Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pink Flamingo


Today was an incredibly beautiful day in Sheboygan. It seems like Memorial Day weekend is either beautiful or full of rain.. there is not usually an in-between. I am happy that so far this year it has been simply gorgeous out!

I purchased this v-neck pink cardi yesterday from Dressbarn, because they went to 40% off this week. They come in a wide variety of colors..and you can purchase yours here.

I absolute LOVE cardigans! Polka-dot cardigans, glitter cardigans, plain cardigans, I love them all..A cardigan is an essential in every wardrobe. If you are not ready for a bright color or pattern, at least invest in a navy, black, and white one. They work great over dresses, with a plain t-shirt and scarf, or a dressy blouse for the office.


 I paired my new pink cardi with this graduated navy and white striped dress from JC Penny (purchased last year, about $14). Besides white, there are many other colors that complement navy well. These colors include: pink (fuchsia), coral, geranium, yellow, and red (think 4th of July).


Pink nails by Ulta, Navy string tassel bracelet ($3 from Groopdealz), Gold chain bracelet ($1 thrift), cream and gold spike bracelet ($3.50 thrift), and Michael Kors white flats added some of the finishing touches to today's ensemble.

Since I only worked until 3 pm today, I was able to spend some time later this afternoon with Shayne..since he said I could choose whatever I wanted to do today, I chose to go fishing :)

Fishing is always something that I have enjoyed (although I HATE eating seafood & fish). I am a catch and release sort of gal. Growing up my mom spent countless hours sitting in car reading while my brother and I would go fishing. Today Shayne and I went back to one of those places that we always called the Lagoon in Sheboygan Falls. Although the fish were not biting I did manage to hook two pan fish.




I was obviously not going to wear my dress while fishing.. so I changed outfits, while still styling my pink cardigan. Here I paired it with a white v-neck T and floral navy shorts from Dressbarn. As I stated earlier, cardigans work great, because they can be both worn more casual or dressy depending on what they are styled with.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend & Thank you to all those who have served and continue to serve for our country!

<3 CMM






 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment