Saturday, October 24, 2015

Blushing

 So often we think, "fall is here, it's time to break out the dark colors." Although deep hues of oxblood & rust are often fall go-to colors, why not remember pastels provide a beautiful pallet for anytime of year?
Friday's look centered around a faux leather blush jacket from dressbarn that I purchased recently & have come to love.
I love that the jacket will be perfect moving into the spring season as well! Technically this jacket has a drape front, but I folded it under to give the look of a straight lapel. Some drape fronts or wide lapels can make the top half appear larger, myself included. By folding it under I felt a bit more "balanced."
Underneath I chose my silver double fringe necklace along with an embellished neckline lounge sweater with flecks of gold both from dressbarn as well. 
 I think everyone needs a pair of cream skinny jeans or cords in their closet! I scored this pair on clearance at last winter's end from Old Navy. I love that they stick to the pastel theme, and also add another texture to the look. 
How will you do pastel this season?

<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment