Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Splurge vs Steal


happy shoesday tuesday!

Today was a gorgeous day to be out and about! I had the pleasure of having lunch at Noodles with a friend that I haven't seen in far too long, Jacob. As always the conversation flowed & I had a wonderful time. He was showing me his new vehicle & managed to lock the keys in the car with it running!! eeek (everyone's worst nightmare right?!) The window was cracked a teeny bit, and suddenly it hit him...chopsticks! He went inside and taped four chopsticks together, and was able to finagle them through the small crack to hit the power window button--talk about genius!

I spent the latter part of the afternoon at the movies with Shayne. We saw "Spy." It definitely had lots of funny moments, but boy was there a lot of swearing. Normally it doesn't bother me, but it was quite excessive. Regardless of that I would recommend it if you are looking for a fun comedy to see!

As you all know I am a hugggeee fan of finding a great deal, whether it be a great sale or a thrifted find. Today one of the many style challenges on Instagram included posting a picture of an ensemble or item found at a steal vs splurge price. Today my entire look was thrifted, or found second-hand online! 


A plain black dress, especially one that is lightweight, is perfect for any day! I love wearing this one during the fall and winter with a leopard print scarf, tights, and boots. Transitional pieces are so essential to any wardrobe! Would you believe I got this dress for $1.24 from Salvation Army last summer?! For the past month or so they have been offering all adult clothing for only 99 cents for each piece! I looked briefly at the store this morning, but left empty-handed. Rather than wearing a long necklace with it, I chose to accentuate the dress with a leopard print skinny belt. I happened to find the belt at a second-hand store for $1.80.



To continue the leopard theme I chose this leopard print bag from Kate Spade. Although I also found this second-hand online, it was the splurge piece in my outfit. I paid around $60 for it (still far below retail), which I think is a good price! As I said it is shoesday tuesday and these tan sandal wedges are amaazing. They are from Kohl's originally, but I found them online for only $12 via Poshmark. The tie-up style in sandals and wedges is once again very popular this season, and I am so happy I can embrace this trend at a great price!

I hope you all had a great day!!


<3 CMM

2 comments:

  1. That bag is LIFE! Love the classic look and pops of fun leopard print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! Of course I had to get the bag seeing as it was leopard and a great deal :)

    ReplyDelete