Sunday, August 9, 2015

8.9.2015

75 and sunny? Not usually boots weather, but booties really are something you can wear anytime. Since it is August now, it is practically fall right? I've been seeing so many ladies showing off their latest boot finds from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that just ended, so I wanted to join in on the fun. These boots however, were one of my online steals from Vinted, $4+shipping, originally from Target.
Usually my Sunday look consists more of dresses, but today we had our church service in the park and picnic afterward, #WOGFamilyPicnic. Because of this I wanted a look that was a bit more casual and comfy. 
 As I've said previously a dark wash jean is an absolute essential! Did you know the average woman has at least 7 pairs of jeans in her closet? I have five, two dark-wash, one light-wash, one distressed, and one light-wash polka dot. Although I do not wear jeans often (at least not like I did when I worked at A&F) this dark-wash pair from dressbarn is always my go to. 
 At $29.50, I love that it has the look of a higher end jean, but doesn't give me the sticker shock. The comfort level is also divine! Some jeans I have had have not given or moved with me. I often found myself feeling very stiff and uncomfortable, so I am happy to have found my perfect pair. This signature fit by dressbarn, part of their Westport 1962 line, also comes in a straight leg and bootcut and in other washes as well!
 What's classic with a pair of jeans? How about a white t & moto jacket. I have newly discovered that Wal-mart has v-neck t's for only $4.88, considering I'm generally pretty accident prone (voted most accident prone in high school, so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks that), these work perfectly. If I get it stained, I can just buy a new one! I paired it with this new soft moto-jacket from dressbarn
 Sometimes the details stand out more than others. Today's look focused around simple silver elements that played off of the tones in the moto jacket. The statement with this look is the oversized white stone ring from H&M, that has been part of my jewelry collection for several years.
 I'm off to enjoy some of the PGA at Whistling Straights before dinner with the fam. I hope you're having a great Sunday!

<3 CMM 

No comments:

Post a Comment