Monday, August 17, 2015

Lemoncello

Happy #maximonday! Yellow, the color of sunflowers and lemonade, and the many memories that the warmth of summer brings is a favorite color of mine to wear, but is one I have hardly any of in my closet. 

My mom mentioned she was going to Kohl's last night, since her 30% off coupon was going to expire, so I chose to meet her there. It had been a while since we had gone to Kohl's together, and as usual I tried on a lot of great clearance deals. I found two dresses, along with lots of jewelry and accessory pieces.

This gorgeous floral maxi is by CHAPS and was originally listed at over $100 (well we all know no one should be crazy enough to pay full price at Kohl's). It was on clearance for $22, all clearance is an additional 20% off, plus we used the 30% off coupon on top of that. I would say it was a pretty good deal for such a beautiful dress!
 I feel like I'm ready for the derby in this hat, but I love that it offers the perfect shade for a sunny summer afternoon! I chose the black because it helped to bring the black out of the dress. Most of my dresses are a round neck, but I love that this changes it up for me a bit with the v-neckline. If you don't wear v-necks...START! V-necks help to elongate and draw the eye up toward your face. 
I love this hammered gold necklace (one of the great deals I found last night) and how well it plays off of the yellows in the dress. It was on sale for $11 + an extra 20% off + an extra 30% off :)
To tie in the black hat, I chose the perfect black clutch from dressbarn. It is currently on clearance for under $15. I love the braiding on the sides, the fold-over style, and tassel zipper. It is definitely large enough to hold all of the essentials! To finalize this look this turquoise ring brings in a pop of unexpected color.
I hope you had a fabulous weekend!

<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment