Thursday, July 30, 2015

Olivya a little, Olivya alot

Olive is often a color that is associated with fall fashions, but this year has been shown to be a color that can be worn anytime of year. It was particularly popular for spring this year, and it has proven to be on trend for summer and of course this coming fall. 

 I had the privilege of spending yesterday afternoon in Brookfield with the Wisconsin dressbarn Store Leaders and some of their teams. It is always so nice to get together, catch up, learn, and be inspired by others! Since I had the opportunity afterwards, of course I went shopping :)
 Since we are ending the summer season (remember retail always works a season ahead) I was hoping to find some good deals and clearance finds. The stores I normally find steals at ie J C Penny were sadly a disappointment, but stores that I usually don't shop at actually surprised me. I love LOFT, when I say love, I mean if I could afford everything in the store I would buy the store out. haha. Soon our retail group, Ascena, will have added LOFT to our umbrella of stores, and I am so excited :) Currently LOFT is offering 50% off all clearance prices. I found this skirt for $25, originally $60.
The top I chose for today's look is a classic piece I found at TJ Maxx several years back. You can't go wrong with a neutral blouse. To bring pattern in the look I took off the olive string belt the skirt came with and added a leopard print belt. I found the belt at a resale store for $2, and I have gotten so much use out of it. 
Since I kept it simple with my #ArmParty I chose a statement ring to bring the bling. Although the stone is more grey in color it plays nicely with the olive tones of the skirt. I found this ring at Kohl's on clearance for a steal.
I hope you are all having a great week!

<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment