Wednesday, April 8, 2015

MiXT

Heidi Weisel, a designer who started her collection with 6 LBDs {Little Black Dresses}, has been known for her dress designs and use of different textures. She has partnered with dressbarn to create an exclusive collection called MiXT. I absolutely love her collection, which you can shop here. I recently purchased my first piece from her line, and I styled it for work on Saturday.


 I love the sharp contrast of black and white on this dress. The MiXT collection is all about black, white, and neon. This particular dress is also available in an all black style. The cotton jersey top is so soft and comfortable, and the white bottom is a geometric eyelet. Does this dress look at all familiar to you? If you have seen the 1955 classic, "To Catch a Thief," you may remember the black and white dress that Grace Kelly wore that inspired this Heidi Weisel piece.


 Much like Grace Kelly's dress pictured above, this dress is also a bit more of a "midi" length. It falls somewhere in the middle (especially based on your height) of the knee and ankle. Generally, I feel weird wearing dresses that come below my knees (other than maxi dresses), and prefer them to be at least an inch above my knee. This dress is different however, and I feel so comfortable in it!

 







Because I do live in Wisconsin where it isn't exactly "warm" yet, a jacket or coverup is a must when outside. To stick with the edgy/modern trend I went with my favorite black moto jacket (clearance at JCP, $24). 












To accessorize I chose neon accents, because I love the way they pop in a look, particularly with black & white. My favorite is the neon and black saffiano leather Michael Kors bag I found at Goodwill for $35! White shoes are another big trend for spring, and these heels are no exception. I found these Michael Kors beauties on clearance at TJ Maxx for $10! You all know how I love a great find :) I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!














<3 CMM












No comments:

Post a Comment