Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Flower POWER



Florals & Lace are once again a huge trend this year. I love the feminine touch they give most garments. Tuesday's outfit was centered around this cream floral lace pencil skirt from Maurices that I purchased last year. I had yet to wear it (It has been sitting on my roll rack with the tags attached for quite some time), as I was struggling with how to style it. 



I knew I wanted to incorporate either mint, peach, or coral for the top. Each time I tucked them into the skirt however, the colors either showed through the lace of the skirt, or washed me out. I then had a thought, what about chambray?!


I recently found this sleeveless button up chambray blouse at Salvation Army. Originally from Kohls, guess how much it cost?....ONLY 99 Cents!! Because I still wanted to incorporate the coral, mint, or peach I paired the ensemble with this coral scalloped edge cardi from New York & Company. 


To extend the floral theme to my top half, I chose this J Crew inspired cream rosette necklace to accessorize with. (Purchased from either Brina Box, Groopdealz, or Jane.com---I have 5 of them in different colors & cannot remember where I aquired them all from.)

The cognac stretch belt came with a dress I purchased at Dressbarn recently. It is always great when you are able to re-purpose a belt that comes with a different blouse or dress! I carried the cognac to my shoes with these great Sandals from Target's collection last year :)

<3 CMM

2 comments: