Friday, January 26, 2018

Seva-a great place for beauty on the go

  Life seems to get busier and busier with each passing month, but then again I create that business for myself..between working full time, running an ebay business, and being a mom & wife the days honestly fly by. My “to-do” list often turns into a “to-do tomorrow” list, and the cycle continues on.

To be honest though I enjoy the business and being on the go, and can’t exactly imagine not leaving the house for the day to set off on some sort of adventure with Landyn or Shayne. So often in the business we all experience we get fixated on tasks that need to be completed or things down the road, but there are a few things we often forget about. We forget to stop in the moment and enjoy where we are NOW, as well as so often giving back to ourselves and taking that much needed time to pamper, recharge, or relax. 

I try to take some time once a month to get some relaxation in; whether it be a massage, pedicure, or haircut-it’s always a treat! This week I tried something different and went for a new type of relaxing experience at seva beauty.

For those of you not familiar with seva (pronounced sae-va) beauty, they are an on the go beauty destination often located within a WAL-MART store with over 180 locations across the United States (headquartered out of Chicago). Seva means to serve selflessly (just what so many of us need right?). Our Sheboygan area got its first location a bit over a month ago, located at the Southside WAL-MART. I shop at this location quite frequently, and I’ll be honest I was pretty curious to find out what seva was all about.

I finally checked it out this week and I definitely plan on going back soon! I was greeted by Amber who was very warm & friendly (it’s always nice to be encountered by someone who you can truly see enjoys their job!). I started with a flash facial (starting at $17). I’ll be honest I’ve never had a facial before, and have always been a bit apprehensive. I struggle with exzema and sensitive skin, so I always have to be mindful that I may have an adverse reaction to products that are used. Amber assured me that the products used are natural and meant to soothe, and I was so happy that my skin felt great afterwards! One of the products used was a facial serum that has 24K gold flakes in it-say what?! It left my skin feeling velvet like, and works as a primer for makeup as well!


Seva carries three main skin care collections: The Balance Collection, Clear Skin Collection, and Ageless Collection, along with specialty products such as sunscreen and eye cream. All three collections have four products in them. The balance collection focuses on enhancing skins natural beauty and is great for those with sensitive skin like myself. The clear skin collection focuses on cleaning pores, reducing breakouts, and generating new skin cells. The ageless collection focuses on restoring skin elasticity, reducing age lines, and preventing further damage to the skin. When you receive a facial you choose which of these areas you would like to focus on. What is great about getting a facial with the products is you can essentially try the products and then come back to purchase them to use as part of your normal beauty routine. 


After I had the flash facial I then moved into having lash extensions completed. Honestly I used to get my lashes done about once per month, and it ranged in price from $80-$125. It finally came to a point where I thought to myself.. think of how many clothes I could be purchasing each month in place of getting my lashes done? (you know I love to shop-so it was a no brainer)

Faux lashes are a great way to enhance your look especially if you have a special event or don’t have many lashes of your own! Many salons now that are charging $$$ do lashes individually, while seva does their lashes in small clumps which helps to speed up the process as well (Starting at only $17 and $5 for a fill!). 

The process took about a half an hour and they honestly look like the indivual ones I used to have done as well, but in much less time and SO much less money!





Seva uses their own line of products and also has many makeup options as well! 

The services that our new location offers currently are:

Eyebrow Shaping
Full Face Waxing
Eyebrow Tinting
Flash Facials
Eye-Lash Extensions
Full Face Make-Up Applications

All of the products can be tested as well before purchasing so you can truly get a feel for how the product will be/what it will look like!

Being that it was inside of a WAL-MART which can be rather loud at times, I was pretty shocked that it was actually quite quiet inside, and was not distracting. If you are looking for relaxation time that features salt lamps, dim lights, and soft music then I would say seva isn’t necessarily for you. If you want some pampering, but don’t have three hours to spend at an appointment, and are looking for great quality at affordable price-points I think you found a new go-to spot :)

I really enjoyed my experience at seva and look forward to visiting soon! I would love to hear about any of your experiences at seva beauty!

<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment