Saturday, January 13, 2018

MOTO Blues

Happy 2018! So much has changed over the past year, between being a new mom and focusing more time and energy on my reselling business life has been busy. I hope that your year is off to a great start so far!

When it comes to shopping I love this time of year for two reasons. 1) CLEARANCE is everywhere! (Ya’ll know I’m a bargain shopper) 2) New early spring arrivals that can be worn now are coming in :)

In 2016 Pantone named two colors of the year: Rose Quartz and Serenity. Now, two years later, you can find these colors present in nearly any store you walk into; think rose gold home decor and jewelry, light blue striped blouses, and blush bell-sleeved sweaters to name a few.




I’ve written about it before, but I’ll say it again; the moto jacket is quite honestly my favorite “third piece” of all time. What is a third piece you might ask? It’s the piece that completes the look, the layering piece, the piece that makes your look a complete, transitionable outfit. 



This serenity blue moto jacket came in the store last week when I was working, and immediately it was on my purchase pile. (Isn’t it funny how some times you see something in the store or like me you work in a store and you see a piece that was just “made for you”?) 

I’ve always worn a lot of blue tones, but not usually this lighter blue-which has definitely grown on me! Although I’ve already worn this jacket a few times in different ways (with dresspants and over dresses) for this look I paired it with a striped bell sleeve feminine blouse. I absolutely love that this blouse will pair perfectly for summer with a pair of white jeans and you’re good to go!



Over the past few years I haven’t worn jeans on a regular basis, but now that I’m a mom I honestly feel like I live in jeans on my days off and before going into work for the day. Comfort is key! 

Being that I carry a little extra weight in my stomach still sometimes I find a jean that fits great in the legs, but then I’m stuck with not being able to close the waist band and resort to using the hair-tie trick to close my jeans (don’t tell me you’ve never tried it-it works!). 



These jeans fit great all around and have definitely been on repeat a lot in my wardrobe. The BEST part? I found this pair at Goodwill for only $5! These are the GAP Always Skinny Jean with almost a fleecy sort of interior. They are a slightly higher rise and oh so comfortable, and at that price you can’t go wrong. 

I definitely see all of these pieces in my style forecast for the season to come!

<3 CMM



No comments:

Post a Comment