Sunday, September 20, 2015

9.20.15

It is crazy to think that fall will officially be in full swing in a very short time! Today was a beautiful Sunday, so I chose to embrace the warm temperatures in a summer dress.
I usually love a big statement, but in this look the color does all the talking. This dress is from dressbarn, a piece I scored for under $10 last year!
Part of why I love this dress so much other than the price and color of course, is the way it works to flatter! Ladies, dresses with lines and texture like this can give the optical illusion of a smaller waist. See above how the lines work diagonally? It works to draw the eye, rather than having only horizontal lines, which often widen. It's a great way to do "stripes" and flatter at the same time :)
I chose accessories that focused around neutrals and animal prints to complement the bright color of the dress, but not take away from it. The gold, pave, and tortoise shell link necklace has been something I have gotten lots of use out of. It makes a great piece to layer with other necklaces when looking to make a statement. 

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend!

<3 CMM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment