Sunday, May 3, 2015

Tomato

"You say To-May-Toe, I say To-maa-toe," however you say it tomato is in!
Tomato is a very close cousin to red, which has meanings of passion, anger, strength, power, romance, heat, desire, and courage to name a few. Tomato is a yellow based red, and is more orange in hue. Although this color is perfect for fall, it truly is a win win year round.



With temperatures heating up this weekend in the upper 60's (woohooo), I wanted to bring out a truly bright outfit to embrace the warmth! The tomato skirt I found at TJ Maxx for $20 several weeks ago. I am a big fan of the pencil skirt, and not so much for A-line. This style takes a semi-different approach with slits on each side, but is still work appropriate. 
Tucked into the crepe skirt I chose this gingham Joe Fresh button-up ( I have it in neon lime as well ) found at JC Penny on clearance. I love that it can be worn dressed up, but also is perfect with a pair of jeans as well too! Mixing dressy pieces with more casual pieces is totally okay, and it allows you to create so many more outfit options in your wardrobe. 
I lovee these wedge sandals from dressbarn! Heels + Me = no bueno...but these have just a small wedge and are very comfortable. You can get yours here for only $36!

I hope you all were able to enjoy the beautiful weekend!

<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment