Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pink Peonies

Attending a designer fashion show calls for a glamorous look that is sure to be a bit different than your average everyday look. Last Friday I had the privilege of attending the Mount Mary University student designer fashion show held at the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. This event is coupled with the graphic art & interior design show as well and is known as CREO, meaning to create. #CREO2015
All aspects of the show are put together by students from the fashion show coordination class. The garments modeled are all created by the fashion design students. Several years ago it was my class that put together this show (I can't believe it's been that long already!) I always love to see all the beautiful pieces that are created (partially because I could never create such things--let alone sew). It's also great to support my university as an alumna.





Although this wasn't a couture designer show I still wanted to look nice :) I choose to be dressed from head to toe in some of my latest dressbarn purchases. The focal point of this look is this Calvin Klein dress that reminds me of pink peonies. I love how feminine and classic it is. What drew me to this dress other than its gorgeous color was the interest it created on the upper half. The crop illusion style gives the impression that it is a very high-waisted skirt with an over-hanging crop top.


For my necklace I chose this fringe style that is part of the dressbar jewelry collection at dressbarn. I love that this is a piece I can wear with nearly anything in my closet. Because I went with more of a statement necklace I chose simple gold bangles for a little arm candy.


I am in loveeeee with these neutral wedges from dressbarn (I may go and buy a second pair so I have two!) I've gotten lots of use out of them in the few weeks I've had them. I wish I were a heels girl, but they are just not for me. A wedge offers a great alternative for me, because my weight is evenly distributed and it is very easy to walk in!


The fashion show was amazing (it went by way too quickly though of course!) After the show Maranda and I had the pleasure of attending a Brewers vs Cubs game. Although the Brewers lost the game that night it was still a fun Friday!

  <3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment