Sunday, September 28, 2014

ONE dress, TWO ways

We all love versatility don't we? Personally I love when I have an item in my closet that I can wear endless ways. Many blouses and scarves now come with extra buttons or loops that allow you to completely change how you wear the item.

Today's outfits all started with an emerald patterned Dana  Buchman dress from Kohl's, thrifted snakeskin black pumps, and emerald bracelet and earrings.

  
 For church this morning I then added my new emerald Chaps pencil skirt over the bottom half of the dress. By doing this it provided the illusion that my top half was now a blouse paired with my skirt. (The trick is using a skirt that comes long enough so the dress does not hang out the bottom.)


The skirt, dress, and heels were all purchased at great prices or thrifted. The snakeskin black heels were found at Goodwill for $4.99. They were sent from Target; part of the Sam & Libby line. The emerald skirt is by Chaps at Kohl's and was found on the clearance rack for under $15. The emerald leopard print dress was also found at Kohl's by Dana Buchman for under $15. 

 
I love that this skirt has slant zipper pockets on each side near the hips. By having these zippers angled upwards it helps to narrow the waist & hips, compared with if they were straight across. 


 For an evening look I took off the emerald skirt, added sheer black nylons, and put on a black blazer (a pleather jacket would work well too). 

 
By starting with a few basic pieces, and adding or taking away a few more you can create countless outfits with things you already have in your closet!

<3 CMM 











No comments:

Post a Comment