Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chambray'd

There has been a fall chill in the air the past few days, which has prompted many fashionistas to pull out their boots, sweaters, and tights from storage and incorporate them back into their outfit rotations.




I had the weekend off, so Shayne and I headed to 
Fond du Lac yesterday and did a bit of shopping at Kohl's. They were running a special promotion in which all clearance was an additional 25% off and then you could use your coupon on top of that! You all know I love a good deal :) I found this taupe Apt. 9 dress for just over $6! {It even has pockets.}


Although I love wearing dresses with blazers and/or cardigans on a regular basis I wanted to do something a bit different for this ensemble; taking inspiration from Pinterest. A printed button up, chambray blouse, or sleek mock turtle-neck sweater work great to pair underneath a dress such as this. This chambray blouse I purchased from Old Navy last year.


I styled it with two layered necklaces, one in gold chains from Express, and the other tortoise shell print chains from Dressbarn. To tie in with the necklace I wore my tortoise chain bracelet from Target {only $3 on clearance} & Dressbarn leopard ring.





To complete the look I chose a giraffe print (close enough to leopard print) skinny belt {thrifted from Nikki's Nex 2 New}, my printed Kate Spade bag, and black leather booties also thrifted. I found the booties at Nikki's Nex 2 New as well, and sent a picture to my friend of my find..turns out she was the one that brought them there to be resold. Twinsies! 






Going into fall you can easily turn some of those summer neutral dresses into completely new outfits just by adding some layers on top or underneath!
<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment