Sunday, November 22, 2015

Animal Kingdom

It's hard to believe that one week ago I was traveling back home from my trip to Mexico and Dallas. While I was there I of course had to do a little bit of shopping! I was visiting a dressbarn store in Irving, TX and stumbled upon an oxblood vegan leather dress I had been swooning over (as had many magazines), but I never had gotten around to purchasing it. I knew I had to have it!

So often my fall/winter go to over a dress is a leather jacket, but with this dress it was a bit too much, so I had to come up with some other options. Each look I put together centers around fur. Whether it be real or fake, fur is luxe!

 Look 1.

I took a chambray button up that I had in my closet, and tied it at my waist (about three buttons up from the bottom). I then layered a long chain necklace, and put a dark faux fur scarf over the necklace. This one I purchased at Target last year (I have it in teal & a light brown as well). I've seen some new colors and styles at Target this  year as well. To add some pattern to this look, I paired it with a shimmering snake skin patterned clutch from Target (thrifted for $1.50). I chose light brown booties (since I didn't have oxblood) which cognac trim. Would you believe they are from WAL-MART?! They were less than $30, and have a very comfortable heel height. 

Look 2. 

I chose a gold & "parkly" statement necklace from Target (thrifted for $4), to match my pave gold bracelet and ring (also from Target). The real focus of this look however is this mink fur cape (real fur). Would you believe I thrifted this from St. Vinny's for only $6. I'm not much of a fur person, but at that price how could I not get it?! To dress up this look I chose a pair of black snakeskin heels (thrifted $5). This would be a great look for a winter wedding or party!

Look 3.

 This look is all about this faux fur leopard jacket from Forever 21. I do not wear it often, as it does make for quite a statement, but it is a fun piece to have in my closet. I chose a large brown pearl necklace, black clutch, and black booties for a classic look. This look would be great for dinner, church, or a fun day out & about.

Always remember that so often a piece in your closet can be styled many different ways! Hope you're having a great weekend!
 <3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment