Sunday, December 27, 2015

Ready for the Holidays with Influenster

Can you believe that Christmas is already over, and right around the corner is 2016?! This week I've teamed up with Rachel from Brilliantly Chic to show you some ideas for New Years and holiday looks!
What speaks holidays more than sequins? I feel like for a bit sequins were a bit cliche (I think of the crazy bedazzled blouses with huge shoulder pads from a few decades back..) Now, I love how elegant they can be (although not always..)
 Every look has to have a focal piece, and this dress is just that. This is a favorite dressbarn piece from a few years ago.
 For a dressy look such as a holiday party, or for a nice dinner I have paired this dress with black leather Kate Spade boots, and a mink wrap. Although I love short booties, these boots provide much more warmth on cold Wisconsin winter evenings.
 For a more laid-back look I put on this lightweight long dress jacket to stay warm, but also to be not be so "formal dressy." 


What holiday look would be complete without a little glam? This month I received my second #voxbox from Influenster to test the new Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara. I love the volume it gives my lashes, but because it is a more fibrous sort of mascara throughout the day little flecks tend to fall on my face (who wants that?). I encourage you to try it & see what you think!
 Be sure to check out the gorgeous Rachel from Brilliantly Chic below to see how she does holiday style!

Brilliantly Chic


 From the McWilliams household to you & yours...Happy Holidays!
<3 CMM

No comments:

Post a Comment